members

Welcome to the Eastend Protestant Defenders Flute band forum
please abide by the forum rules,and have fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

members

Welcome to the Eastend Protestant Defenders Flute band forum
please abide by the forum rules,and have fun.

members

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
members

members only

BAND PRACTICE SUNDAY12 pm ALL MEMBERS TO BE IN ATTENDANCE.. PLEASE POST APOLOGIES IN THE APPROPIATE SECTION OR CONTACT A COMMITEE MEMBER.

IF YOU WISH TO ENQUIRE ABOUT HIRING OR JOINING THE EASTEND PROTESTANT DEFENDERS PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO epdfb@hotmail.co.uk

2 posters

moving the band forward

uncle chuckle
    uncle chuckle

Dog

moving the band forward Empty moving the band forward

Post by uncle chuckle Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 am

I saw a post on another topic regarding bringing more fun into the band. At this stage there is a lot of questions to be answered before the band can move on. The meeting tonight should either bring the band closer together or destroy it. I personally hope for the former.

Not everything about the band is doom and gloom, the band have moved forward in their playing ability and the role of social convenor has been established and has brought some success, the role is of the utmost importance if you want to make the members feel that they belong. The last dance was a huge success and made the band a tidy little profit.

I know for a fact that there has been an act booked for 6th November and this should be a real money spinner and there will be a clammer for tickets but the act has to be booked as soon as and then a hall found for the day. WWL is looking into getting the lily centre again and I know that witchy was looking at another hall.

There are other things that can be arranged quickly and cheaply but again this will mean the band working together and getting behind the ideas that are coming through.

One more thing, to all those that have deleted yourselves from the forum, I wish that you would reconsider, there is a lot of good that can be done on a forum. The good thing about this is that ideas can be brought to the attention of the band when there is no meeting or practice and things can be looked at for the next meeting. Sometimes there are posts that can be taken the wrong way, but then that is someone who wants to be negative instead of looking to see if there is a positive way of reading the post.

There are posts that members dont like, however; just remember this, it is better to let people express themselves here and get their gripes out rather than let them boil over and then cause a real bust up in the band. Through out the entire band scene there are bands who have forums that are working and it would not take much to get this to work.

As for the Administrators, yes the forum has to be governed, but there are a lot of people who feel that its a dictatorship that is running the forum. No text words, (look at the icons one has lol) that is text speaking. making people use icons instead of txt is not working they would rather be able to do it the way they know and it would help to integrate the younger members.

The forum belongs to everyone, its a great place to get things off your chest and it was great to see the various signatures that were being displayed.
    darth womble
    darth womble
    Admin

Monkey

moving the band forward Empty Re: moving the band forward

Post by darth womble Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm

JAWHOLL MEIN FUHRER uncle
    uncle chuckle
    uncle chuckle

Dog

Post by uncle chuckle Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 pm

On the subject of signatures, I noticed that members are now coming back and its good to see. I have a copy of signatures that were made for members if they want to contact me I will give them the codes needed to reinstate their signatures. Anyone else who wants a signature, please feel free to get in touch and give me an indication of what they would like.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:03 pm