members

Welcome to the Eastend Protestant Defenders Flute band forum
please abide by the forum rules,and have fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

members

Welcome to the Eastend Protestant Defenders Flute band forum
please abide by the forum rules,and have fun.

members

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
members

members only

BAND PRACTICE SUNDAY12 pm ALL MEMBERS TO BE IN ATTENDANCE.. PLEASE POST APOLOGIES IN THE APPROPIATE SECTION OR CONTACT A COMMITEE MEMBER.

IF YOU WISH TO ENQUIRE ABOUT HIRING OR JOINING THE EASTEND PROTESTANT DEFENDERS PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO epdfb@hotmail.co.uk

3 posters

Band Guest's?

Graeme
    Graeme

Snake

Band Guest's? Empty Band Guest's?

Post by Graeme Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:50 am

Does the band take guests and if so what are the terms?

I'm interested in guesting with the band if use will let me Wink

Full fluter / Amazing side drummer / Crazy bass drummer / Daft dude on the metal things Laughing
    Anonymous

Band Guest's? Empty Re: Band Guest's?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:28 am

It would have to be put to the band 1st mate, the tunes are totaly different since your days in the band too
    Graeme
    Graeme

Snake

Post by Graeme Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Well if you could put it to the band for me it would be great.

I know that and well ..... im a fast learner Wink :p on both flute and drum Smile

There are many parade per year that I would be able to "lend a hand" in due to my band not being out and would do anything to help my old band out Smile

Gc
    Prince of Orange F.B
    uncle chuckle
    uncle chuckle

Dog

Post by uncle chuckle Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm

I dont think that we had the pleasure of meeting when you were in the band Graeme, I came after the band were in dire straits when there was a mass exodus leaving them short in numbers. The members that are still there have worked their asses off to make sure that the band didnt fold. For my part I was drafted in to try and help the band sergeant prepare the very small band for life on the road and help rebuild with the tunes.

We are now at a stage where we're bonding well and the tunes are being played better than ever and each member has a new found confidence about them and know that they have the potential to carry this band forward and make it stronger. Although the tunes are similair they are now played in a different style and as you have no doubt read in the learning zone each note is played individually and the sound is of superior quality. Although you are a good fluter and drummer there would still have to be learning done to play in the same manner as the rest of the band, if they decided to take you on board.

I was wondering why did you leave the band and why do you want to come back to guest rather than join.
    Tam
    Tam

Rat

Post by Tam Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm

Good point chuckle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:23 pm

the problem i see if we take guest is uniforms. we only have a limited number of uniforms and you realy dont want to start altering them for guest,as we may need them for any new members. just a thought as the more they get altered it takes the appearance of them
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 pm

both very good pints guys
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:14 pm

is that you thinking of drink again furry lol!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:18 pm

lol! lol! lol! just noticed what i wrote lol!
    Graeme
    Graeme

Snake

Post by Graeme Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:12 am

uncle chuckle wrote:I was wondering why did you leave the band and why do you want to come back to guest rather than join.

I left through personal reasons at the time,

The reason for guest rather than re-join is that i am a very active member in various other things I.E my own band, lodge etc and happy in them at the moment, But would like to see my old band going from strength to strength and could think of no better way to help other than by guesting.

Hope that give's you a better insight unc
    uncle chuckle
    uncle chuckle

Dog

Post by uncle chuckle Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Its good that you are willing to offer help to the band Graeme, but where do you think you will find the time. I have a lot going on with my own band and find it hard at times to put in the shifts for e.p.d. but you have even more going on. Your an active member of your band and lodge and disco.

Its nice to see an old member that thinks about the band and is willing to help out. But I reckon you will be busy over the next few months as the marching season gets under way and your inundated with bookings for the disco.

The last person that I knew who did discos and played in bands had to give up one as they both clashed, unfortunately for us he decided to stay with the discos. Trying to set up for a gig and walk with a band at the same time doesnt work. There is always something that needs to be done or something that goes wrong. (fuses need changed, speakers not working, laptop not working etc etc.)

but it will be nice to see you come along to band practice

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:57 pm